Saturday, May 15, 2010

question #3

I feel that the chapter discussing storming, forming, norming, and performing should be further discussed because I wasn’t sure how the concepts fit a group that couldn’t get along well. I was confused if the group could not work together, is it possible that the group would stay at the forming and norming stage? I wanted to know more about how groups can work together to get pass those stages. It was a little vague about how conflicts can be resolved and how to come up with a solution. Some ideas about group conflict were good, but I believe that it’s a vital part in a groups communication to have knowledge of conflicts in groups. And I was wondering whether “norming” is even a word? Maybe they just had to find a word with “orming” in it but other than that, I believe this book was very thorough with the explanations of the concepts.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cinnaminh, I think norming is just when a group is finally comfortable with each other and certain things, issues, problems start arising. It like when your in a relationship, your all in love for hte first couple of months then you get comfortable with each other and things start bugging you about the person. THis is how you start establishing norms. Like your not going to do this because I don't approve. And in a group its the same your not allowed to do this because the group doesn't approve.

    ReplyDelete