Saturday, May 15, 2010

question #1

Face to face communication is very different from CMC. I agree that the reason why it is very different is because of the nonverbal communication that is missing from the conversation. I believe that these are very opposite because of real life situations that I have experienced with my family and friends. For example, when my dad used to text me to come home, I took it as a normal message, but when I got home, he was furious with me! I didn't know how to react because his text message seemed so calm but in his point of view, that was him very pissed at me. So I believe that if we had a face to face conversation my idea of him saying to come home would be totally different. I believe that only face to face communication should be used in problematic conflicts because without hearing or seeing the other person's reaction and nonverbal communication, it becomes very hard to solve a conflict

No comments:

Post a Comment